Technical Program Manager
New York, NY
The NBC News Production Engineering and Maintenance department is responsible for systems and processes supporting global news gathering operations. With central operations located in New York, NY the team focus is on building, supporting and maintaining broadcast equipment and software ranging from ingest, editing, transcoding, archives and playout to air for news, entertainment, sports and special events.
• Work on system integration and development for the group, helping build and expand our technical and team practices.
• Plan, Build, test, review, and deliver software solutions for our various new production systems.
• Act as a partner to other engineering teams to collaboratively develop the systems.
• Collaborate on the design of data models, data flows, schemas and API contracts within the group and across the News bureaus.
• Expertise in media asset management systems, newsroom systems, Avid Interplay is required.
• Extend and enhance existing systems and workflows to meet the ongoing demands from the business.
• Help guide the selection and implementation of new architectures, technologies and methodologies in our group
• A Bachelor's degree (or higher-level degree) in computer science or a related field and/or a history of relevant work experience.
• 3+ years of system integration experience with proven expertise in media and systems.
• Must be willing to work in New York, New York onsite at 30 Rock or working from home.
• 3+ years of experience in Python Full Stack development and Java
• 3+ Years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Strong testing and debugging skills.
• 3+ Years of experience in handling Media Asset Management systems. Knowing Avid Interplay MAM, media Central and Arvato is a big plus.
• Experience with modern application stacks and development practices.
• Experience with back-end engineering, including knowledge on architectural practices, evaluating and implementing new technologies.
• Experience in design and development of applications using open source frameworks and APIs.
• Experience in Cloud based services. Knowing Cloudian, BlackPearl and Amazon will be big plus.
• Experience with creating, querying and maintaining databases with many DBMS such as MySQL, Cassandra, SQLite, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
• Experience in Celery/RabbitMQ/Kubernetes.
• Experience in Test-Driven and Agile-Scrum Developments.
• Experience in both Windows and UNIX\\Linux platforms including programming and debugging skills in UNIX Shell Scripting.
• Experienced in Web Services approach for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience in compile, package and deploy. Knowing Salt Stack, Jenkins, Docker, ANT, Maven will be plus.
• Willing to adapt new technologies as needed.
• Strong Operational familiarity with broadcast production, workflows, or video productions systems.
• Experience with server/client Virtualization protocols.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong desire to learn and cross-train in new technologies and passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner.
• Demonstrate strong skills in the areas of analysis, organization and escalation
• Excellent communication skills, with a cool levelheaded approach and a genuine curiosity in exploring new best practices and technology.
• Able to clearly & succinctly communicate actions and/or next steps
• Highly customer focused and very responsive (listens, understands and acts).
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site