Universal Music Group
We have an opportunity for an experienced collection professional who will interact regularly with the company’s customers and work closely with the finance and operations teams.
• Contact customers on a regular basis (or as the need arises) regarding payment status. Scope of collections will be for all TV Group receivables - international sales, third party royalty/overages, production and development, intercompany, and charge-backs.
• Maintain Customer Data
• Implement “best practice” credit and collection policies and procedures for optimal DSO results (i.e. evaluate customer credit history, establish credit limits, recommend payment terms for challenging accounts, standardize customer collection communications, such as through system generated notices and account statements, etc.).
• Coordinate with customers to ensure all forms are up-to-date and accurate.
• File Withholding Tax certificates with CRA and collect Withholding Tax amounts from customers on annual basis
• Forecast anticipated collections by customer based on responses from collection inquiries.
• Identify delinquent accounts that require escalated action to collect (i.e. seek involvement of the sales team, issue notice of default, legal action).
• Research account disputes and billing discrepancies.
• Track daily cash collections to ensure accurate application by Billing Specialist.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience in the collections field. Experience working with customers in the media, television production and distribution industries is an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. You are confident and authoritative when needed but are also sensitive to the client relationship.
• Very strong computer, quantitative and analytical skills required – ability to create schedules from scratch, manipulate large volumes of data into useful reports, pivot tables using Excel, analyze data, etc.
• Ability to interpret contracts and legal documents.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a definite plus.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Someone who is a fast learner and self-starter, diligent and reliable, and who takes ownership and pride in their work.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to roll up ones’ sleeves to get the job done.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Customer service oriented.
What you’ll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.