Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA
This is a technical leadership position with SIE's Platform Engineering organization to establish a highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed data platform and services. The next generation platform serves the global, fast growing PlayStation Network customer base. This key role will own the technology transformation of the network platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
Let's talk, if:
• You are passionate about making distributed systems better and have an insatiable thirst to keep learning.
• You have deep expertise in system engineering and have successfully improved the performance of the software stack.
• You know how to troubleshoot complicated issues throughout the software stack.
• You have implemented rigorous standard methodologies for measuring, understanding, predicting, and improving the performance of enterprise grade systems (even better if they happen to be Data oriented).
• You are able to build positive relationships with Architects to influence technology decisions.
• You have contributed to a development community establishing and influencing quality engineering standard methodologies across the development community.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, eCommerce platform domain expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Performs a key role in the evolution of a highly performant data platform and associated services, applying industry standards and implementation to enable highly available, active-active, extensible data services for the SIE platform
Plays a senior role in design, development and quality, working closely with engineering and quality teams.
Works cross-functionally with Product and Operations teams to drive quality; including performance testing strategy and initiatives, define workflows and performance requirements. Develops test scripts and scenarios to meet these requirements.
Participates in product roadmap discussions and identify key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years' experience in software development, expert level of Java programming, design, and analysis.
• Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, Big Data/NoSQL).
• Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL programming (Oracle, Cassandra, Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB or similar) including both relational database schema designs and schema-less systems.
• Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, at enterprise scale is required including familiarity with DynamoDB, Aurora, EC2, and other AWS services.
• Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
• Solid understanding of the path(s) customer requests take from web browser to backend.
• Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and test driven development processes required.
• Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site