At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Senior Online Software Architect will do at BioWare:
You will architect and develop backend services that power the online features of every BioWare game. You'll work with game developers and designers to deliver systems and services that expand the player experience in new and innovative ways.
Who You Are:
Highly collaborative with extensive experience building online services and infrastructure. You are talented and self-motivated with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You want to help us build the best games in the industry.
• Collaborate with game teams on the design and requirements for the online experiences in BioWare games.
• Build and enhance online services and APIs to support these features, emphasizing reliability, testability, scalability, extensibility, and performance.
• Work closely with EA technology teams to leverage and interoperate with core EA services.
• Drive common technology strategy across multiple game titles.
• Mentor other developers in delivering great online components and player experiences.
• 5+ years of experience developing secure, scalable online services, including RESTful microservices.
• Experience with C#, JSON, REST, HTTP, and Git
• The ideal candidate will have experience using AWS, Docker, .Net Core, or Node.js
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.