Reporter - Race & Politics, Fivethirtyeight
New York, NY US
The Senior Editor of Race and Culture will define and build the Race & Culture vertical across all ABC News' digital and social properties. S/he will also be responsible for leading cross-platform projects across ABC News to ensure robust digital engagement on stories that connect with audiences at the intersection of race, politics, and culture. The Senior Editor of Race and Culture will also be responsible for vetting and assigning stories across digital, including working closely with the digital teams at GMA and 538, the broader digital video unit and social teams.
The Senior Editor will report into the Managing Editor of ABC News Digital.
• Manage the editorial process including writing and reporting on digital stories on race and culture, developing futures pitches, and managing daily digital story assignments on race and culture across the news organization.
• Partner closely with the Managing Editors of ABC News Digital, GMA Digital, and 538 to develop multi-platform digital projects and stories.
• Working closely with the digital video team, the Senior Editor will also be responsible for creating video franchises in the Race & Culture vertical.
• S/he will partner with any shows that are producing Race & Culture projects to ensure accompanying digital coverage including coordinating with producers and writing digital stories.
Please apply if you have:
• Excellent editorial judgment
• 7 years of journalism experience
• Significant reporting experience and sources in the area of Race & Culture
• Experience with digital media platforms including social media platforms
• Insatiable curiosity - you just have to dig deeper to find the truth
• Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in
• Experience performing well under pressure - - think breaking news-type situations.
It would also be nice if you are:
• Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
• A natural leader - you can inspire teams to bring their ''A'' game;
• A pro at social media and other digital tools; and
• Motivated: You're the person who can tackle any task – and wants to.
• You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site