Player Behavior Senior Analyst
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA US
Associate Manager, Performance Media
San Mateo, CA
SIE is rethinking Digital Marketing, launching an in-house digital media buying team and building a best-in-class data foundation. The group will be entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of a new internal marketing function while growing and evolving to meet the needs of PlayStation's businesses. As Associate Manager, you will have a key role in setting up the programmatic and social media teams.
The person in this role will oversee the day-to-day activity of the programmatic and social teams; including end-to-end campaign execution, optimization and management of campaign budgets and pacing. You will encourage the development of direct reports on the team. Over time this team will buy the majority of programmatic, search and social media that drives direct return on investment for Sony PlayStation, with a focus on our digital businesses in mature markets. This person should be results driven and able to partner with multiple internal and external teams, as well as 'hands-on-keyboard' work to proactively identify and solve problems and ensure flawless campaign execution. The Associate Manager will accomplish these goals by:
• Helping build a successful programmatic operation from the ground up: developing systems and processes which ensure a high-quality output as the team scales.
• Maintaining relationships with partners and vendors, staying on top of industry developments to ensure the team are recognized as industry leaders across the organization.
• Designing and implementing best-practice programmatic campaigns, synthesizing inputs from various campaign partners (e.g. incorporating test-&-learn plans, aligning audience targeting to broader media team goals, etc.) and ensuring these plans are implemented seamlessly by the team.
Campaign Planning: Responsible for leading the planning and managing programmatic campaigns for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Direct, and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. You will translate strategic business targets from media briefs into actionable audiences by using industry knowledge & ad technology tools such as our DMP. You will also work directly with the internal planning teams and agency partners, acting as the primary point of contact for programmatic planning, and all relevant campaign/billing documentation in preparation for campaign launch and post-campaign wrap-up.
Campaign workflows: Responsible for developing and implementing campaign workflows teamwide; finding opportunities to increase efficiency, improve communication and reduce the potential for error. You will be responsible for improving automation in all areas.
Campaign Setup and QA: Responsible for the creation of campaigns in the platforms as well as performing all vital checks before campaign activation. On the data front, work extensively with various teams to ensure 1st party data segments 'piped' correctly to platform(s) before launch.
Campaign Management and Optimizations: Lead the optimization process across all campaigns and manage your team which will be constantly optimizing and adjusting campaigns as performance concerns & optimization opportunities arise. In addition, you will monitor audience performance data analysis and actively optimize across platforms while measuring performance and recommending further opportunities to drive performance. You will support the PMP deal negotiation process and ensure all PMPs are functioning correctly.
Analytics and Reporting: Manage a tracker to monitor all performance changes & optimizations across the team. You will create weekly and post-campaign performance reports for the global Media Team, which will provide analysis, insights, and visualization in a way which adds value to the team. Collaborate with the Marketing Technology team and use data analytics to ensure all testing initiatives are set-up and measured appropriately so valuable creative and media insights can be gathered by end of test/campaign. Work with the Marketing Technology team to find opportunities to improve reporting, analysis and automation.
Billing Responsibility: The Manager will oversee billing and actualization throughout the team, ensuring campaigns are tracking to budget and work with internal finance team to provide monthly approvals and forecasting.
People Management: Actively mentor team members and provide guidance, QA support, etc., across job functions mentioned above. You will delegate and prioritize tasks accordingly and drive the day-to-day responsibilities of the team.
New opportunities: Responsible for Identifying new platforms, partners and integrations, evaluating these (and existing platforms) over time while keeping a strategic POV and partner/platform roadmap, as well as designing and maintaining a test and learn roadmap.
Cross Functional Collaboration: Ensure broader global Media Planning, Marketing Technology and Strategy teams aligned on in-house activation strategy. You will educate marketing team members on programmatic performance and standard methodologies. Collaboration with media agency of record to ensure productive working relationship continues will be key.
• Bachelor's degree, MBA and/or equivalent experience preferred
• 6-8 years of experience in media planning and/or media activation, with hands-on executional experience with planning and running large-scale programmatic activity across
• Extensive knowledge in technologies such as DV360, TTD, Verizon Media, AAP, Xandr
• Expert in most recent global privacy legislation, such as: GDPR, CCPA, COPPA and more
• In-depth knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, measurement etc. and how these can translate to business metrics
• Consistent track record running high campaign volume, large budgets, complex strategies across multiple channels and driving quantifiable results
• Experience with DoubleClick Campaign Manager and other 3rd party tracking solutions required
• Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
• Strong leadership and entrepreneurial spirit – someone eager to dive into the challenges & rewards that will come with building Sony PlayStation's in-house media buying function from the ground up
• Strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to work with cross-function teams with varying media knowledge. You will need the ability to understand the challenges of other teams.
• Cross-channel media strategy: the skills to connect programmatic, search and social media plans to larger Sony Media objectives
• Knowledge of biddable channels beyond programmatic, including search and social
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical priorities
• Process-oriented and able to clearly define, implement, and lead scalable sustainable processes for a new and growing team- constantly challenging the status quo
• Develop and retain a highly effective distributed team; manage team members to successfully deliver on program goals
• Articulate complex technology-related issues and educate a variety of audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with cross-functional teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change
• Strong interest in video games and entertainment
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site