News Operations Manager
Arlington, VA US
We are seeking a full-time News Operations Manager for a Washington, D.C.-based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The winning candidate will be well-versed in cutting edge news gathering technology and have extensive knowledge in digital distribution of live and stored video. You must be a forward-thinking, hands-on manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to see possibilities where potential roadblocks exist. A passion for story telling is essential in this position. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements including the following:
• Manage the Backdrop news operations for television, digital, and social
• Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Partner with News and Engineering managers to plan for future technology to create innovations to serve users on television, digital, and social platforms
• Schedule and direct production crews
• Work closely with senior management team to establish content, philosophy, and direction of the news product
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback and coaching to all news staff in their work performance
• Coach fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contribute to the overall success of the company's safety program
• Be an aggressive team-player who can produce under tight deadlines
• Ability to execute during breaking news events
• Ability to work under a deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
• At least five (5) years of television news experience is required
• Considerable live shot experience is preferred
• Must have valid driver's license and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
• Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site