VP, Diversity & Inclusion Strategies
Burbank, CA US
Walt Disney Television is the iconic collection of The Walt Disney Company's entertainment and news properties creating award-winning content across an impressive portfolio of television brands and businesses, including The ABC Television Network, ABC Studios, ABC News, the ABC Owned Television Stations Group, Freeform, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios, FX Networks and FX Productions, the Disney Channel networks and National Geographic Partners. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, WDT develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach across multimedia platforms.
Job Summary: Would you like to lead a team that collaborates with our content businesses to enable the most inclusive content and stories in television? How about support Walt Disney Television's culture so that every employee feels like they belong and can perform their best? As the Director of Diversity & Inclusion, you will be leading a groundbreaking team that strategically partners with all lines of business to enable the most inclusive content and culture. The Director of Diversity and Inclusion will lead a team of four and have leadership responsibility for the five Executive Incubator Creative Associates. The role reports to the Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner and Diversity and Inclusion.
Every day on the Diversity and Inclusion team is unique, on any given day you might:
• Develop and execute D&I people, culture and market strategies across Walt Disney Television.
• Integrate Diversity & Inclusion with Human Resources strategies, practices and processes at every stage of the employee lifecycle (i.e. employee engagement, retention, learning and development).
• Manage and elevate Executive Incubator, a 2-year rotational program meant to accelerate our talent pipeline for future television executives.
• Inspire and empower leaders to develop and drive D&I strategies within their business.
• Build trusted partnerships with our creative executives to further advance our ability to tell authentic and inclusive stories.
• Design and deliver D&I education for employees to drive greater inclusion and belonging.
• Provide coaching and guidance for our employee resource groups.
• Identify, develop and foster relationships with industry thought leaders, consultants and partners to apply best practices and help drive an inclusive culture.
• Build strong relationships across all WDT content businesses and functions, including ABC Entertainment, Owned Television Stations, ABC News, Disney Television Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, FX Networks, Freeform, and National Geographic.
• Manage the overall team budget, including expenses for our employee groups
Please apply if you have or are:
• 10+ years of Diversity & Inclusion experience, ideally with a global company
• Experience leading a highly collaborative team within a dynamic organization
• A proactive and resourceful leader that prioritizes and assesses for outcomes and impact
• Proven track record and ability to influence and partner with business and HR leaders to successfully drive organization initiatives and gain their commitment
• Strong acumen with diversity concepts and programs
• Well-developed group facilitation experience
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in clear and compelling ways
• Experience in a production environment and/or the television industry
BA/BS in Business, HR or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.