Editor/Technician, Production (NE)
Position Summary: The Editor/Technician, Production candidate must have non-linear editing and a thorough understanding and knowledge of broadcast television production. Ability to work promptly, under deadline pressure in a cohesive team environment. Excellent keyboard and verbal skills along with a great attitude are important. Must be able to work weekends, holidays and flexible hours.
Non-Linear Editing Responsibilities:
• Ingest, transfer and compiles various media into Adobe Premier editing software.
• Compose compelling, informative and accurate news stories from video and audio resources.
• Ability to multitask in a time sensitive and rapid, fast-paced newsroom environment.
• Works with producers, photographers and managers to ensure broadcast quality and journalistic standards are met.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Lead Editor or News Operations Manager.
Production Technician Responsibilities:
• Floor Directing, Teleprompter & Robotic Camera operation
• Operates audio console for LIVE newscasts.
• Working knowledge of studio lighting and lighting board operation.
• Guest, talent & general studio coordination.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required.
• 1-year non-linear editing experience.
• Adobe Premier experience preferred
• Computer Skills: PC, Mac and knowledge of ENPS & BitCentral.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, holidays.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site