Digital Paint Artist
Lead Creature Technical Director (TV)
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creature TDs are responsible for setting up and running rigid body, flesh, hair, and cloth simulations as well as for addressing rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently.
The Lead Creature TD (TV) is the primary technical resource within the team. As such he/she advises on technical and workflow decisions for projects and sequences, and supports, creates, maintains, and troubleshoots Creature-related techniques, tools and assets.
• Collaborate with leads and supervisors to define technical approaches and workflows
• Tackle technically complex shots and assets
• Evaluate technical options including third-party software solutions
• Set up and run proprietary rigid body, cloth, hair, and flesh simulations
• Wrangle creature pipeline and rigging issues
• Support and mentor entry level artists
• Actively create generic and show-specific tools/setups/utilities/plug-ins
Education / Experience
• At least 8 years work experience required in 3D CGI for digital animation, visual effects or producing cg characters and creatures for visual media.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
• Proven Track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
• Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
• Experience with advanced hero asset rigging and enveloping in Maya
• Experience setting up and running simulation shotwork.
• Experience in corrective sculpting.
• Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
• Positive attitude and team player
• Passion for the work
• Good communication skills
Preferred Skills / Technical Competencies
• Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
• Basic proficiency in another discipline -modeling, texture, TD, animation
• Proficiency with Linux
• Expertise with Maya
• Experience with python scripting
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site