Manager, News Standards
New York, NY
NBC News Digital is hiring a reporter for its enterprise team to do path-breaking journalism in a major region of the United States.
This reporter will break news and write medium- and long-term original stories on a variety of topics, including issues of racial and economic inequality, housing, education, policing, health, the environment, the military, courts, and disaster response. The reporter may work on a beat or may be general assignment. Some of this work may involve a more immediate response to news events.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates who are based outside of New York, Washington or Los Angeles to improve geographic diversity within our regional reporter staff. Women and diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• 5+ years of experience at a major newspaper, website or magazine.
• A proven track record of breaking big news stories that received national attention or award recognition.
• Multiple examples of well-written and deeply reported enterprise stories on a variety of topics.
• Experience covering a beat, and examples of coverage of breaking news.
• Deep familiarity with a major U.S. city where the enterprise team does not currently have a reporter and a willingness to live there.
• Willingness to travel frequently.
• Partner with colleagues throughout the NBC News Group, occasionally help develop ideas for segments, panel discussions, series and news reports