Full Time Job
- Full Time
KAEF has an immediate opening for a creative multimedia news producer! In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, manage the assignment desk, write articles for the website and manage social media content. It is a fun, high-paced leadership role, so attention to current events and a solid understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is a must. You will be actively involved in community groups to scan what's happening on the North Coast. You will be a competitive go-getter who comes with pitches and ideas to create a dynamic newscast.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station is welcome, but not necessary. The right entry-level candidate may be considered.
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site