Post Production Assistant
Los Angeles, CA US
FOX Entertainment is a company of passionate challengers who thrive on questioning conventions and disrupting the status quo-from championing breakthrough programming to defying the limitations of traditional broadcast models.
It's an audacious mission. Because while the landscape of digital entertainment has made drastic evolutions, broadcast television hasn't kept up. We're challenging ourselves to be the first to do it - to disrupt the digital entertainment category and redefine the live experience for the next generation - And in doing so - evolve from a traditional, studio-driven TV network into a nimble, attitude-driven entertainment brand.
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing.
As the Manager of Media Products & Services within the Production and Post-Production and Technology group, you will fill a critical role in designing, managing, and building out asset management applications, tools, workflows, and integrations within Fox Entertainment. You will face problems that require technical knowledge, creative & critical thinking, and business acumen as part of your daily activities. Your great communication skills and ability to build cross-functional relationships is very important for this role, as the various workflows, media systems, and integrations operating efficiently is critical for department success. This role will be working with engineers, content servicing teams, and end-users within the Production and Post Production Technology group, along with business stakeholders, vendors, and other partners across FOX.
We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. Endless curiosity about how things work and a strong understanding of what ''customer service'' actually means are valued traits. A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is a must-have, along with a sense of humor.
This role is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and build out the product strategy, implementation, configuration, and the workflows associated with the media applications, tools, and services supported by the department
• Implement system enhancements, refine product features, update configurations, and manage the media systems by working closely with internal and external partners
• Create diagrams, document requirements, provide training to users, and build a backlog of feature requests and use cases for the department, as part of roadmap planning
• Work with internal engineers, other departments, and external vendors to implement changes to workflows through configurations, integrations, and custom development
• Explore and innovate on ideas that support business objectives, and provide meaningful business value to end-users, department team members, and the Fox Corporation
• Work with project management team members on the creation and execution of project plans, and coordinate the scheduling of meetings, agenda, notes, and open action items
• Collaborate and work directly with IT infrastructure teams, department engineers, content servicing teams, support teams, and external vendors to support mission-critical systems
• Participate and build support for media management-focused initiatives, projects, and department strategies with end-users, business groups, vendors, and partners of FOX
• Assist with supporting relevant help desk tickets, adjusting prioritizations, and general helpdesk assistance with team members as needed
• Support ongoing documentation efforts by building out technical knowledge base for others
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3-5 years of experience working with production or post-production media asset management systems, tools, services, in a similar position, occupation, or role
• Prior experience working within cross-functional teams of engineers, content managers, media operations, and business users to implement media workflows and solve problems
• Prior project management experience: planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution, change management, and/or risk management is a bonus
• Ability to make things happen around you, solving problems for others, and a desire to contribute and learn new things. You manage ambiguity, complexity, and cross-functional interdependencies in an organized and structured way
• Effective communication and presentation skills appropriate for interaction with others including senior executives, business stakeholders, external vendors, and partners
• Knowledge and or prior usage of common collaboration tools including but not limited to Smartsheets, Salesforce, Frame.io, Slack, and Atlassian's Jira & Confluence
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Project management, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field. Equivalent practical experience in media operations, engineering, or project management, may offset preference for a degree
• You care about your team and value setting up others for success
• You enjoy creating diagrams and documentation that is well organized and logical
• You value diverse perspectives and welcome different approaches from others
• You can put yourself in the position of others, and understand the challenges they have
• You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done, but realize that change management just might be the biggest hurdle
• You have an entrepreneur's can-do spirit, and enjoy solving the problems of others
• You balance planning and doing, and know when to switch gears from one to the other