Senior Staff Programmer
Los Angeles, CA US
Lead QA Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of developing technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We're looking for:
A forward-thinking, confident, take-charge individual who has a deep passion for QA and has experience mentoring and guiding teams' testing activities. He or she can strategize quality effectively with engineering teams. We look for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; and take initiative to improve both our testing environment. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed application, early test development, automation wherever possible, and are open to adoption of the latest tools and techniques for solving the complex problems.
What you'll do:
• Perform both ''black box'' and ''white box'' testing of SIE's internal and customer-facing applications by analyzing applications and requirements and designing and executing test cases.
• Perform extensive system integration end to end testing.
• Develop, execute, and maintain automation scripts using Cucumber, JAVA, Selenium, WebDriver.
• Drive improvements to our current test automation framework and paradigm
• Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Rally, qTest.
• Source control tools such as GitHub.
• Work with QA team members, software developers, and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc
• Trouble-shoot and resolve test code, test environment, and infrastructure issues, as well as working with test case management, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, and other tools.
This role will require knowledge of:
• Minimum of 7 years' experience performing manual and automated software testing in a team environment
• Minimum of 2 years' experience automating in a Java, Selenium framework
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related software engineering education
• Extensive experience testing Integrated Systems
• Solid knowledge an of Relational Databases
• Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Safe, Scrum
• Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, IT, and Project managers towards a common goal
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• An extraordinary teammate who does not need extensive supervision
• Experience running large-scale project repository of test cases and defects
• Experience in System Integration, End to End testing
• Ability to recommend, identify and track automation coverage at a project level
• Strong knowledge, experience with programming and scripting languages such as: Cucumber, Selenium, JAVA
• Experience creating and solving complex queries
• Experience with Splunk
• Experience with JSON, XML
• Experience testing APIs, web services
• Experience testing on PS4, or other console-based client devices
• Experience with CMS systems
• Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers such as Apache
• Experience using JIRA
• Detailed knowledge of MS Windows operating system
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.