Senior Software Engineer Retail
San Francisco, CA US
Senior Software Engineer, Social Experience (Back End)
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will design, and develop cloud-based services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. You will provide strong technical abilities in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs.
Our team is innovating and crafting the next wave of social experiences to support and strengthen the human connections on PlayStation. You will work alongside partners in engineering, product, design, and research to build great experiences for customers around the world.
PlayStation Network currently has around 100 million monthly active users. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a high leverage team working on building amazing new experiences.
• Design, implement, and maintain RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
• Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
• Work with team members to deliver features on time, respond to evolving requirements, and strategic shifts in direction
• Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
• 6+ years of proven programming experience in Java (or equivalent enterprise back-end) developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
• Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks
• Experience implementing services backed by NoSQL data stores
• Strong understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with multiple technology stacks
• Ability to balance periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 8 years of experience or equivalent; Master's degree a plus.
Helpful but not required
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2
• Search, Machine Learning, Online Gaming domains
• Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site