Motion Graphics Designer
New York, NY US
The CBS News Graphics Development team provides design and real-time data-driven graphics services to CBS News. We're expanding and looking for suitable candidates to push boundaries with stunning design and sharp graphics. Work includes show identity and graphics packages, augmented reality, interactive and explainer-style infographics.
We're Looking For:
• Senior Motion Graphic Designers
• Viz Artist experts, with strong transition logic templating skills
• Scripters/coders with an understanding of realtime 3D engines or broadcast technology.
The Primary Focus Includes Some Or All:
• Designing show branding and graphics packages using Cinema 4D and After Effects.
• Building templated and data driven real-time graphics on the Vizrt platform for all CBS News output
• Delivering Virtual and Augmented Reality design solutions.
• Work collaboratively with the Creative Director and Art Directors to implement designs for all of CBS News output (Daily shows, special events, Election 2020 coverage, etc).
• Template and update both lower-third and full form graphics for use across CBS News.
• Use scripting within Vizrt to create innovative display solutions, including touchscreens, VR, and AR.
• Work on both short-turnaround and long-term projects as and when required.
• Work with designers to maximize creativity and quality of design within a realtime environment.
• Work closely with the Graphics Management Team and Graphics Engineering to ensure the system is operationally and technically robust.
• Collaborate with colleagues on troubleshooting, replicating, diagnosing, and fixing system related bugs.
• If you are a coder, assisting others with scripted solutions where appropriate.
• Assist with creating and sourcing models/scenes/images for the graphics department library.
• Liaise with the Creative Management Team, editorial colleagues, designers, and technicians to maximize the department's potential across all platforms.
• Respond and develop skills across programs & platforms in response to changing business and technical needs as part of the graphics development team.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Include Some or All:
• Minimum 5 years motion graphic design; modeling/animating/rendering in 3D and 2D environments
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D (or comparable 3D software), Viz Artist.
• Experience templating within the Vizrt suite of software (Template Wizard, Content Pilot)
• Experience with realtime 3D render engines in a data-driven environment (eg elections, weather etc)
• Coding experience with VBScript and Viz Script; knowledge of other scripting languages is highly beneficial.
• Understanding of television control room workflow and operations
• Knowledge of broadcast video codecs and industry standard file formats
• Demonstrate a high standard of editorial awareness
• Demonstrate an understanding of visual language and graphic design
Planning and organizing - Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all factors including deadlines, staffing, and resources.
Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across all levels.
Team-work - Works collaboratively with others to be part of a team.
Flexibility - Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, or groups.
Editorial Judgement - Demonstrates balanced and objective judgment based on a thorough understanding of CBS editorial guidelines, target audience, program, and departmental objectives.
Relationship Management - Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site