High Moon Studios
Job Title:Senior Technical Designer (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
Senior Technical Designer - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking a talented, self-directed game designer with strong technical abilities and a passion for problem solving. Technical Designers are a vital connection between Design and Engineering, able to communicate and engage with both disciplines ''in their language.'' Technical Designers should have experience with a wide variety of scripting languages and game engines and should be comfortable learning ''on the fly.'' Technical Designers should be able to absorb a large scripting base quickly and use that knowledge to inform and empower other designers.
If that sounds like you, please apply to join our award-winning team. We can't wait to hear from you!
• Work closely with designers, engineers, and other content creators to create compelling gameplay systems
• Solve complicated problems creatively while considering design needs versus production realities
• Drive gameplay systems from paper concepts all the way to shippable products
• Rapidly prototype and iterate on experimental gameplay in order to ''find the fun''
• Act autonomously to track down issues or improvement areas and implement novel solutions
• Help develop and maintain a robust set of scripting solutions that empower content designers
• Mentor designers and other developers on scripting standards and best practices
• Experience with several different scripting languages (Python, Java, C#, Lua)
• 7+ years game industry experience with at least one shipped title
• Solid understanding of gameplay mechanics and the game design process
• Passion for designing systems, mechanics, and meta-game loops
• Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
• Technical degree or work experience in a technical design role
• Experience with the Call of Duty engine (Radiant) or scripting language (GSC)
• Experience with multiple game engines
• Ability to read and understand C++
• Experience developing a networked multiplayer game
• Experience scripting complex animated sequences
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Bungie's Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.