Associate News Producer
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Associate Producer for our Planning desk based in Washington, D.C.
• Organize hourly correspondent hits for all hours of MSNBC and NBC News Now.
• Communicate with control rooms and show teams about live incoming feeds originating from Washington, D.C.
• Provide daily editorial guidance to show leadership and pitch stories as applicable
• Assign cameras for remote guests (on Capitol Hill, NBC Mobile Studio etc.), in addition to the DC Bureau.
• Manage 3-4 desk assistants per day and train them on the fundamentals of MSNBC responsibilities and editorial skills.
• Help prepare coverage for MSNBC Weekends as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent.
• 2 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news.
• Demonstrated editorial judgment and sound decision-making capabilities.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
• Ability to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends), ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure, and during breaking news.
• Prior desk/newsgathering experience preferred.
• Prior booking experience a plus.
• Sound journalistic judgment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site