Aliso Viejo, CA
Technical Sourcing Manager
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
(Aliso Viejo, CA/Possibility for Remote )
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
As a Technical Sourcing Manager, you are capable of handling all aspects of the procurement process for the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure division (CGEI). You enjoy facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them. Never a dull day, a healthy mix of various projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
• Manage technical sourcing activities for professional services, hardware and software.
• Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to advise on and support project requirements. Attend all relevant project meetings.
• Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own contract initiation and closure.
• Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions.
• RFx Services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders.
• Present RFx results to evaluation team and drive the closure of sourcing decisions.
• SLA Performance: Continuously measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
• Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data back to internal team.
• Cost Modeling & Negotiation: Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders to ensure best in class pricing is secured for Datacenter Infrastructure and Operations. Drive continual improvement of costs .Build should-cost models when appropriate.
• Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate all efforts to identify, survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
• Technology Roadmap: Partner with CGEI Engineering teams and supply base to review supplier technology and services roadmaps. Drive changes to supplier roadmaps where necessary.
• Preferred Suppliers: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are on CGEI's preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
• Perform risk analysis of Suppliers and Supply Chain. Develop risk mitigation and business continuity plans.
• Supplier Development & Management: Lead business review process to measure, analyze and identify points of strength and weakness with regards to supplier performance Issue supplier corrective action requests and development plans, as needed.
• Drive continuous improvement on all aspects of supplier performance (e.g. cost, quality and delivery).
• Perform market, supplier and commodity analysis on an ongoing basis.
• Be the sourcing subject matter expert helping to identify and leverage best practices in the realms of procurement, supplier management and category management
Skills and Knowledge:
• BA/BS or equivalent with 7-10 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to quickly absorb and apply relevant technical information
• At least 5 years of Sourcing and/or Commodity Management experience
• Experience communicating to all levels of the organization
• Management experience in related products and services.
• Experience sourcing and a technical understanding of server, storage or networking hardware.
• 5+ years' experience in negotiating cost, managing supplier performance and driving supplier quality improvements.
• Proven success in contract negotiations related to commodities, equipment and services and end-to-end supplier management. Must be analytical and results focused.
• Prior experience in the cloud industry, computer hardware or related field is a definite plus.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site