Office & Facilities Manager
Simon & Schuster
London, EN GB
MML Coordinator (6 months part time FTC)
About The Brand
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Who you are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
What is the role?
The Music & Media Licensing Coordinator provides support to VCNI Production teams, focusing on rights for long-form & short-form content, with an emphasis on multi-platform clearances, rights tracking & reporting, rights analysis, rights systems, and support to the reporting, music strategy & operations areas. This exciting opportunity will liaise and build strong relationships with regional and Global teams, as well as clients and suppliers within the licensing community.
• Collaborate with internal & external Production staff throughout each phase of production; acting in an advisory role on clearances, issues, costs/budgeting and risk assessment
• Advise on use of music under Viacom's deals with Labels, Publishers and Collecting Societies and negotiate favourable rates and secure rights for music & 3rd party material included in content produced by these client groups
• Review, draft, and revise agreements to conform to negotiated terms. Ensure that licenses are executed, and invoices paid in a timely manner
• Responsible for sending Guest Release Forms for all in-house shoots and log rights once signed
• Secure and review music cue sheets, PACFs and all show paperwork from Producers upon delivery of content. Report discrepancies or missing information to Producers and follow up to insure proper completion
• Coordinate with VCNI MML team, Legal Counsel, and US MML on clearance strategy with the goal of securing broad rights at low rates whilst licensing within departmental parameters
What skills do you need?
This fast-paced role will suit someone who:
• Understands and has experience in the music and/or TV industry in a business affairs, rights & clearances, or licensing capacity with knowledge of liability
• Familiarity with reviewing deal terms & establishing relationships with Labels and Publishers
• Confident communicator, both written and verbal, across internal and external contacts. Specifically, being able to communicate show ideas/use of materials/rights & media requested accurately to licensors
• Ability to read and interpret contracts, summarise rights information accurately; excellent analytical and attention to detail
• Knowledge/experience of the various collecting societies both in the UK and abroad
• Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for.
We take our responsibility in safeguarding children very seriously. We work hard to ensure that all children and adults with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, will be required to complete background checks prior to starting with the company.
Function Consumer Products/Licensing/Merchandising/Retail
Brand Viacom International Media Networks
Job Type Full-Time Staff