Morning News Reporter
Nashville, TN US
WZTV in Nashville, TN seeks a driven, energetic, and creative full-time Assignment Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts and on digital/social platforms
• Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
• Partnering with other members of the leadership team on strategy and marketing of news products
• Direct supervision of select staff members
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• A minimum of one year of assignment desk experience or equivalent
• A commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• The ability to communicate effectively
• Strong sense of organization and time management
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
• The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
• A bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is preferred
This is a full-time salaried position and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site