Senior Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA US
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI)
Network Deployment Engineer (Los Angeles, CA, local candidates only)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for a network deployment engineer with solid Juniper experience and loves deploying new network and server hardware. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world class network capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players!
• Deployment, installation, integration, maintenance and documentation of new global network related sites, services and facilities as well as supporting existing hardware in multiple data center and POP locations. This meanly physically unboxing, racking, cabling and configuring equipment out in the field.
• Work closely with the Data Center Operations and Network Engineering teams on the turn-up and integration of new network services and augmentation of existing network services in live, production environments.
• Identifying and diagnosing issues in new and existing production network environments.
• Proven knowledge with Juniper MX, QFX, SRX and EX series platforms and with Junos operating system, including upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting.
• Proven experience with optical network transport and all optical network protocols, capacities, interface and optic types and cabling as well as a proven understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, IPV4 and IPV6 etc.)
Skills & Knowledge
• Physically deploying and/or maintaining large scale networks and working in live, data center and POP production environments.
• Experience with Juniper VCF topology and technology
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to rack equipment up to 50 lbs unassisted.
• High energy and driven to positively impact the business.