Knoxville, TN US
The Audio Mixer will have consistently demonstrated expertise in all skills related to the recording, editing, and mixing of audio soundtracks for television, radio and social media. Other skill sets crucial to an Audio Mixer’s success are superb client relations, creative collaboration and the ability to remain productive under pressure.
The Audio Mixer is in full charge of their sessions and will run them in an organized and efficient manner. They will use their excellent communication skills to keep all parties involved in a project well informed of its status.
A Mixer at this level conducts themselves professionally in all situations. This includes following all department and companywide directives, respecting session start times and abiding by all standard operating procedures and naming conventions.
An Audio Mixer may have a chosen discipline (such as promos, long form, etc.), but always have the option of changing if the opportunity exists. Discovery encourages continued training, and all Audio Mixers are expected to utilize this to improve, expand and share their skill sets with other Mixers. The Audio Mixer must be able to work all shifts when necessary and subject to change, with the possibility of working with or without supervision.
1. Expertly complete all Audio sessions assigned
2. Sound design, mix and layback stereo and 5.1 programming for originals, reversions, promos and special projects.
3. Ensure all deliverables are accurate and adhere to Discovery’s Global Deliverables
4. Work in tandem with Editing and Engineering and devise creative workflows.
5. Must be punctual and reliable, both in attendance and in meeting deadlines.
6. Must maintain organized sessions following all workflow guidelines.
7. Must take ownership of each project, being able to complete work with limited supervision and instruction.
8. Provide creative input to management for continued refinement and improvement of facility workflow.
9. Maintain and upkeep knowledge on all equipment related to audio post production.
10. Assist and train with the Audio Post department as required.
11. Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
12. Other duties as assigned
* This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* 5 years’ experience professionally employed as an Audio Mixer
* Bachelor’s degree in Audio, Communications or a related field preferred
* Must be able to work all shifts if necessary
* Advanced knowledge of the Pro-Tools systems and effects capabilities
* Professional ability to mix supervised in high pressure situations and tight deadlines
* Must possess excellent client-relations skills, and an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
* Advanced knowledge and skills with 3rd party plug-ins
* Expert ability to demonstrate proficiency with file based workflows and digital signals as well as analog/digital audio processes
* Advanced knowledge of Audio Mixing techniques and workflows
* Experience in mixing promotional material as well long form originals
* Ability to read, speak and/or understand Spanish or Portuguese a plus
knoxville, tennessee, knox, knx, tn