Los Angeles, CA US
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Gameplay Engineer will play a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining systems and tools for immersive media content creation.
• Design, develop, and maintain the core engine systems and tools that power immersive music experiences.
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code that is scalable and cross platform.
• Develop and maintain tools and technology for specific project requirements as needed.
• Support the engineering team with a core focus on innovation, quality and efficiency in programming, process and feature implementation.
• Collaborate with designers to encourage tight cooperation between design and code.
• Implement technology, architecture, optimization and processes that demonstrates expert knowledge of modern video game development.
• Identify technical risks and technological advances and adapt accordingly to keep both team and product development on track and operational at all times.
• Develop designs and tests that enable new features without sacrificing existing functionality.
• Build and optimize code that performs well on the target hardware, meeting and/or exceeding design requirements
• Collaborate closely with other disciplines as a true team player; contribute to a positive working environment
• 3+ years of gameplay engineering experience with at least one shipped AAA title within the game industry.
• Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine and C++ with solid code architecture skills
• Expert in video game technology, optimization, and development.
• Ability to predict and solve complex technical development issues on a product-wide scale.
• Proficient in linear algebra.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
• Strong leadership qualities and capabilities.
• Self-motivated with drive for excellence.
• Excellent written, verbal and team communication skills.
• Able and motivated to work across disciplines, with diverse team members who hold differing perspectives – a team player is essential.
• Experience in networking, and game server sharding a plus.
• Passion for music a big plus.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site