Senior Manager, Payroll Vendor Management
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA US
Manager, Business Insights & Strategy
San Mateo, CA
The Manager, Business Insights & Strategy will be the data storyteller for the North American Sales organization. This person is inquisitive, creative, and has strong business acumen, and will be asked to transform data and ambiguous ideas into compelling narratives. Leading a small team of analysts, the Manager, Business Insights & Strategy will develop insights and recommendations to influence the Sales executives and other key decision-makers.
• Collaborates with key business stakeholders in Sales and other internal SIE departments to identify strategic decisions that can be influenced by in-depth research, analytics, and actionable data-driven recommendations. Potential topics include industry trends, competitive analysis, disc vs digital sales, retail digital sales, and gameplay.
• Conceptualizes the analytical approach for analysis using an experienced understanding of qualitative and quantitative approaches, the available and applicable data, as well as company and industry trends.
• Researches and synthesizes disparate sales and customer data by leveraging multiple systems and tools, such as Tableau, Snowflake, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Adobe Analytics, DecisionKey, etc.
• Clearly communicates findings by delivering concise, clear presentations for senior management. Presentations may include a narrative, charts, tables, infographics, and other visualizations required to tell the story. Findings may be presented in front of an audience of key leaders and executives throughout the organization.
• Designs the look and feel of presentation material (e.g. slide decks, reporting, etc.) by incorporating the latest technology and considering the business needs of the audience.
• At least 7 years of relevant work experience
• A degree from a four-year college (i.e., BA, BS) or equivalent work experience
• Must apply quantitative analysis and business judgment to analyze the SIE business. Will identify opportunities based on analysis, current market conditions, and a complete understanding of SIE objectives and plans. Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
• Critical, strategic thinker. Manage projects in a time constrained environment. Interact professionally and communicate effectively cross-functionally with both internal contacts (Sales Leadership, Executive Team, Marketing, IT, Finance, Legal, Operations) and external contacts (Retailers, Vendors). May represent the company as the principal customer contact and often perform a project leadership role. Will interact with management and senior vendor personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
• Detail oriented; able to prioritize, meet deadlines, organize, and demonstrate analytical skills and follow-through.
• Requires strong presentation skills, knowledge of design fundamentals, and can use analytical and visualization tools. Must possess flexibility and eagerness to learn new applications.
• MBA preferred
• Experience in Tableau preferred