Senior Editor / Writer, Fox Nation
New York, NY
Writer & Content Strategist for Courageous (Temporary)
CNN's Brand Studio, Courageous, is looking for a Temporary NYC-based Writer/Strategist to join our rapidly-growing team of creative talent.
Founded nearly 4 years ago, the quality of Courageous' work has distinguished the studio from its peers in in the world of branded content.
We pride ourselves on pursuing unique, compelling stories and telling them with a sweeping, cinematic style. While most of our work is short-form video, a significant and growing portion is comprised of interactive articles, live-broadcast ads, experiential events and long-form-documentaries.
Our work is delivered to an audience of hundreds of millions via CNN, HLN, and Great Big Story via TV, Digital, mobile and OTT.
Our mission is to create experiences that the fans of our properties will find meaningful, engaging and conversation-worthy while fulfilling the goals of the brands sponsoring the content.
• Writers at Courageous represent the front-line of the creative process and are instrumental in maintaining the quality of our offerings.
• They work directly with brand clients, media agencies and the CNN Sales team to develop and pitch ideas that provoke thought and grab attention.
• The writer/strategist sits at the center of this process, soliciting input from the full creative team and managing our collaborative brainstorm sessions.
• They are responsible for articulating our concepts clearly and concisely - through prose, mood board development, and script-writing for pitch reels.
• Exemplary writing skills are paramount, and a slight flair for the dramatic certainly doesn't hurt.
• Writers are also often called upon to help out during project production, providing creative oversight, writing support and guidance for their colleagues.
• Natural enthusiasm and a willingness to help out whenever necessary are necessary traits.
• 5+ Years Experience in a professional creative writing capacity. This can be as a journalist, advertising strategist, fiction-writer, graphic novelist, blogger, poet or anything else. The quality is important, the form factor less so.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• Experience working in a client-service capacity with brands.
• Talent for facilitating the creative process, and getting the best work out of colleagues.
• Ability to distill multiple ideas from a variety of sources into one, clearly-described creative concept.
• Some real enthusiasm for the pitch process. You're 'good in a room' and poised in front of clients.
• Good at working with clients directly and great at handling feedback.
• Able to juggle multiple-projects in a fast-paced but supportive environment.
Drop us a note and show us some work. We would love to chat about joining our team.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site