WXLV in Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem has an excellent opportunity for an experienced News Manager. The person selected for this position will oversee news gathering and production at WXLV in Winston Salem.
• Supervise MMJ's
• Develop and evaluate story ideas, with an emphasis on enterprise journalism and strong storytelling
• Oversee local digital operations.
• Create and post content to digital platforms.
• Approve scripts, assist with re-writes and provide production ideas
• Collaborate with news producers on placement of stories
• Develop community contacts for story ideas
• Provide regular performance reviews to MMJ's and producers through coaching and critiquing
• Plan for and help lead coverage of major news events
• Work with Group News Director to ensure policies and procedures are followed
• Excellent news judgment
• Interpersonal skills
• Writing and editing ability
• Imagination and strong management skills
• Must be able to work closely with reporters to improve story conception, execution and story-telling skills
• Previous experience in broadcast news management with direct reporter oversights preferred.
• At least two years of television experience as a Producer, Executive Producer, Managing Editor, or News Director
• Experience in supervising news personnel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site