Production Facility Supervisor
London, United Kingdom
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As an Associate Esports Manager, you'll play a key role in helping deliver AB's Overwatch esports programs & supporting third parties in creating their own licensed competitions. On any given day, you might be remotely engaging with Overwatch League players during OWL matches to ensure competitive integrity; or liaising with technical broadcast teams to ensure matches are presented perfectly to online viewers; or engaging with a tournament organizer so their OW competition will be a success. Throughout, you'll be using your knowledge of our games and your passion for esports to bring the best entertainment possible to players and fans across the world. Although the description below covers most of what might be expected from a successful candidate, the world of esports moves fast – you'll need to be comfortable with change as well as challenge!
• Own elements of major OW programs and tournaments, such as liaising with players and partners, coordinating travel and visas, managing talent, creative planning for photo and video elements of broadcast, executing marketing plans, etc.
• Contribute to the design and iteration of engaging esports programs for professional and amateur players which are suitable for broadcast
• Act as the company's ambassador in delivering the duties asked of you: e.g., being the main POC for a pro team, or behind the scenes ensuring competitive integrity
• Work with regional teams and global partners to ensure uniform execution, including high quality events, player interaction, and messaging
• Track costs within the program's budget, making crucial spending decisions when necessary
• Gather, analyze, and report KPIs and community feedback
• Support the team around you, both in London and in our global headquarters in California: be ready to switch gear and bring your strengths to each day's most vital challenge, whether that's on Overwatch, Hearthstone, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, or StarCraft II!
• Manage external partners to deliver localized broadcasts and co-streaming initiatives of owned and operated esports programs
• Manage licensed community tournaments, acting as POC for external parties
• Build and maintain strong relationships with teams across the company to execute plans.
• Bachelor's degree
• Must have previous experience at a professional esports organizer, or in an esports role at a game publisher, working on a shooter title
• Must have previous experience in partner or vendor management
• Detailed understanding of the competitive OW ecosystem, from ranked play to OWL
• Background in personally organizing or participating in high-profile esports competitions
• Understanding of online broadcast workflows
• Willingness to flex working hours to fit broadcast needs and international cooperation, and to travel when needed
• Deep understanding of European esports ecosystems, with the network of contacts to match
• Excellent standard of professional English
• Proficiency in a second language relevant to the EMEA region, with a preference for Russian and/or French)
• Natural networker with strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented, with a passion for accuracy and completeness in your work
• Adaptable: happy to switch focus at short notice, learn new skills, and contribute in new areas whenever needed
• Proficiency with TeamSpeak, Unity Intercom, SharePoint, Slack, Discord, Jira, Google Drive, OneDrive, MS Office, Contentstack, Wrike, and PhotoShop
• Experience managing budgets and negotiating with vendors
• Additional language skills such as Chinese or Korean
• Deep knowledge of other AB esport ecosystems
• Passionate gamer with extensive product knowledge across genres
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's most successful interactive entertainment companies. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
The duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site