CBS Television Stations
• Aggressively manage and publish updated news stories, video segments and photo slideshows, concentrating on developing stories and breaking news.
• Stay on top of industry trends to innovate and grow audiences on WCCO's various platforms.
• Monitor daily news continuously, using wires and other news sources to write content for WCCO.com.
• Generate story ideas and digital elements that complement and enhance news on WCCO-TV.
• Track web traffic and monitor social analytics for research and content purposes.
• Manage school closing and weather alert systems on the Internet and on the air, along with the WCCO app's push alert system.
• Contribute to CBSN Minnesota, WCCO's live streaming network, with responsibilities including but not limited to: overseeing content, building show rundowns and segments, coding/stacking video content, and other duties as assigned.
• Engage and share WCCO's messages in the social media space, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English or other related field.
• Experience working on a media website or within a media organization.
• Candidate must be results-oriented, innovative and must demonstrate leadership and teamwork.
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills and be well-versed in AP Style.
• Basic understanding of HTML and other computer programming languages preferred.
• Understanding of SEO practices.
• Experience with non-linear editing platforms (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Stratus) preferred.
• History of working in a fast-paced media environment.
• Familiar with social media best practices.
• Experience creating and building broadcast rundowns; familiarity with iNews.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site