New York, NY
NBC News Digital is hiring a reporter for NBCBLK, a vertical that covers the day's biggest stories, issues and conversations in Black America for the community and beyond. NBCBLK features daily coverage, original reporting, enterprise pieces and engaging perspectives centered around the diverse Black experience in America and abroad.
The reporter's role will be to report and write breaking news, features and enterprise stories that will appear on the vertical NBCBLK, the homepage of NBCNews.com, the app, throughout the site and shared with partners. The reporter should have a deep understanding of the role race, ethnicity and identity play in American life.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates who are based outside of New York, Washington or Los Angeles, particularly in the Southeast, to add geographical diversity to our staff. Women and diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Report news, feature and enterprise stories
• Aggressively pitch ideas for daily content across all platforms
• Partner with colleagues throughout the NBC News Group, occasionally help develop ideas for segments, panel discussions, series and news reports
• Help manage social media accounts as needed
• Assist in any editing, planning, production and promotion for NBCBLK as needed
• 3+ years of related professional experience in reporting
and producing news content and digital news media.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for issues
affecting Black people in America and abroad
• Excellent knowledge of all major social media platforms
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight
deadline pressure, including breaking news
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site