Reporter / MMJ
CBS Television Stations
WCCO is looking for a technically-minded manager who believes in problem solving, good communication and innovation.
• Oversee and troubleshoot the Sienna media management system as well as FCPX edit rooms.
• Assist in implementing and maintaining the Grass Valley Stratus system as well as the transition to Edius editing systems.
• Manage our digital asset workflows (archiving, deleting etc), laptop and truck edit systems; leading upgrades whenever needed.
• Collaborate pool and remote coverage planning, i.e. Trials, Elections, Super Bowl, Final Four, and other large events.
• Lead ENG training and safety initiatives.
• Be the master of troubleshooting in collaboration with the Production Manager.
• Lead the station's drone efforts.
• Manage the operations budget and long-term planning efforts, mapping out equipment, software and workflow best practices.
• Assist the chief photographer and maintenance with fleet management and equipment purchases and repairs.
• Think big and forward by exploring cutting-edge tools to advance our news gathering.
• Set and maintain high show standards for live shots, story transfers, titling and metadata.
• Attend weekly news manager and engineering meetings.
• Handle file transfers and video requests.
• Must be available to work any shift required in a 24/7 newsroom including weekends and evenings.
• Minimum three years' management experience.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational, budgetary, personnel management, communication and client relationship skills.
• Work well under pressure including tight budgets, deadlines and direction changes.
• Understanding of basic IT concepts and software workflows.
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site