News Anchor / Reporter
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Baltimore, MD US
We are looking for a dynamic full-time Anchor/Reporter for WBFF TV, Baltimore's number one news station. The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to lead our newscasts and provide impactful reporting. The ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news are essential skills.
Our anchors participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A passion for winning morning news is mandatory!
Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements: including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy & positivity
• The ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Must be able to field anchor
• The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
• Considerable live shot experience is preferred
• At least 5 years of on-air/anchoring experience is required
• Proven social media engagement necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site