Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
• Responsible for gathering information on newsworthy events.• Write, produce and present fair and accurate news stories, as well as feature stories.• Maintain informed on news events locally and nationally.• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.• Investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.• Deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter or with no Teleprompter.• Gather information on newsworthy events and write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned.• Be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.• Create, report and help produce news specials and packages, based on either breaking news or on pre-planned stories that were promoted ahead of time.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, both, long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition and paper trails.• Send daily to the assignment desk an email with at least three story proposals.• Able to make phone calls to set up interviews. These calls may happen outside of regular working hours.• Be able to work nights and weekends.* When needed assist as back-up anchor• Large community involvement, making a reasonable amount of appearances tied into the viewer community.• Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.• Gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast and all digital platforms.• Provide input to the show producer on show content and format.• Write stories headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner.Responsible for the presentation of breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Shoot and edit promos news material, bumpers, ID's, show opens and marketing material, as well as gather information on newsworthy events.• Write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned through the creative use of the video camera and proficient lighting and editing skills.• Will provide the viewer with a video story on a given topic as assigned.• Will operate video camera and recording equipment, live truck or live remote transmitting units and edit on Edius Pro editing systems.• Able to respond quickly to breaking news and take direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.• Maintain technical equipment including cameras and lighting gear.• Manage project deadlines and deliverables.
• BS/BA in Journalism/Communications.
• Minimum 1 year of experience shooting with HD Cam.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with film or video lighting.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a reporter in a top 50 market.
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Working knowledge of Inews, Stratus, Avid, Edius or Final Cut Pro.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
• Possess a high level of motivation with a strong belief in creative ideas plus the skills and confidence to express them.
• Able to think and react quickly while maintaining an overall strategic plan.
• Ability to work efficiently and prioritize in order to meet deadlines and budgets
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team.
• Thorough understanding of the current broadcast and digital media landscape.
Desired Characteristics :
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written).
• Must submit a demo reel of work to be considered.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Willingness to work weekends with short notice, night and weekend work is frequent.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO.
• Must have a valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.