Contract Software Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA US
Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: San Diego
Do you have a passion for handling complex projects, building delightful and lightning-quick services for millions of gamers? Do you enjoy working on large social networking sites that provide a safe, enjoyable environment?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will put your abilities to work building online services that are performant and delightful, and working with diverse team members and partner teams on consumer products.
With your strong acumen and technical skills, you will work with multiple scrum teams of engineers and work closely with globally distributed engineering teams, product management, QA, and operations to deliver our products.
You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority! Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
• Work with Software Developers to schedule development, write functional specifications, and drive decision-making to build amazing online experiences
• Act as lead in driving technical discussions and solutions to business and/or customer requirements
• Handle all phases of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups
• Participate in initial requirements reviews, analysis to assess technical complexity and resolve dependencies
• Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development
• Develop and manage end-to-end implementations toward technical standards as well as expected delivery dates
• 5+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience with high-volume online user experiences.
• Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required, , including experience with scrum master and product owner roles
• Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which encompass communicating to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project managers
• Ability to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
• Prior experience as a software developer or tester
• Ability to manage a feature through the entire development and release cycle
• BA/BS/BSE in computer science, math, or equivalent technical experience
• Solid leadership skills and a passion for building world class consumer experiences.
• Keen eye for detail and handling multiple simultaneous dependencies.
• Ability to travel and manage projects with distributed resources sometimes in international locations
• Strong sense of ownership