Sony Pictures Imageworks
Vancouver, BC CA
Are you a Matte Painter interested in working with us on our Animated Feature?! The Matte Painter will work closely with the Production Designer, Art Director and Matte Painting Lead to create efficient and stylistic CG environments to be used across shots and sequences.
What you'll get to do:
• Create environments using combinations of modelled/textured assets, projections, illustrations
• Create paintings and elements that match concept and style using 3D and 2D tools and techniques including camera setup, modelling for projection, camera animation, projection setup, image re-projection, and atmospherics and light passes
• Collaborate with other members of the production such as modelling, surfacing, lighting and compositing in order to get the best result in the most efficient way
• Learn the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
What you bring:
• 2+ years' experience in digital matte painting (feature animation is strongly preferred)
• Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• Proven production experience using Photoshop & Nuke
• Ability to combine 2D and 3D elements into believable environments with attention to design and artistic detail
• Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, a good sense of composition, and colour theory
• Thorough understanding of perspective, lighting, and colour
• Ability to creatively solve problems and efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Open to new workflows and tool sets
• Ability to take direction and feedback; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
• Ability to create stylistic environments with an analogue painted/drawn style and good sense of stylized natural light would be an advantage
• Ability to produce concept art that conveys the style, lighting and character of the brief would be an advantage
• Other software skills including Maya, Houdini, Terragen or Vue would be an advantage
Due to security reason please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holidays Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world's leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.