Producer / Reporter, Race & Culture
Washington, DC US
This is our story.
Works with Bureau management to support bureau coverage and show production. Print scripts for anchors, operate the Teleprompter and greet guests. Work with live producers, show staffs and reporters on live shots and coverage of live events. Monitor a variety of sources, including social media, wires and local news to assist in newsgathering efforts. Conduct research at the direction of producers and desk management, which may include identifying video or digital stories Pitch stories for various CNN networks and platforms.
• At least one internship in a news environment and previous newsroom experience.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
• Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Candidate should be computer literate and have a working knowledge of social media.
• The Washington, DC Bureau assignment desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
• Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights and weekends.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site