Digital Matte Painters
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
• Create photorealistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of the film or video or printed elements.
• Work closely with clients, leads and supervisors to conceptualize and create photographic elements as reference or images for film.
• Combine skills in painting and 3D animation with knowledge of design, photography, and digital modeling to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images for film.
• Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production.
• Skilled in painting photo-real images using photo reference to create the highest quality digital set extensions, skies, elements, and environments.
• Strong traditional art skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition.
• Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop and/or Mari with 3D experience, preferably in Maya.
• Ability to switch and complete work in a wide range of styles within the bid timeframe, while maintaining constant communication with production teams and other CG artists.
• Be a team player open to collaboration, constructive criticism, new ideas and direction and show a thirst for life long learning.
• A Bachelor's degree in illustration, industrial design, or fine art preferred.
• Demo reel / portfolio should demonstrate strong examples of shot composition, lighting, colour theory, proportion and scale.
• 2.5D / 3D projecting experience is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Nuke and Maya.
• Strong knowledge of photography, especially in relation to lenses.
• Strong knowledge of set design, production design and/or architecture.
• Demonstrable skills in Concept design is desirable.
• Software knowledge in Substance designer/painter, Clarisse, Vue and/or Modo experience would be an asset.
• Interest in VR or AR desirable but not essential.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site