Columbus, OH US
The Creative Services Photographer Editor will produce compelling visual video and live shots by utilizing their artistic, technical expertise and composition skills.
• WRBL in Columbus, Georgia has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Videographer to work with our Creative Services / Commercial Production and Promotional Departments.
• We are looking for a seasoned video photographer to shoot, edit and produce commercial advertisements, promotional spots and other projects as assigned by management.
Solid remote video camera shooting and lighting skills are required. You must be able to work independently and manage multiple projects & deadlines.
Stay up to date on all industry trends and implement new ideas into your work.
You must present a professional attitude & image at all times as you will be working with customers, sales account executives, and other team members through the production process. You must be able to communicate with a wide variety of personalities.
Bring your creative ideas to the brainstorming sessions and be ready to pitch ideas to team members and customers if needed as you coordinate with the sales account executives. Maintain equipment and data files.
You will be required to assist with station sponsored promotional events as assigned by management.
• Experience/ Education: Two years of experience in video photography, or video production preferred. Experience in a non-linear editing environment is a must. A High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred.
Candidate must display a positive work ethic and high degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Must be able to operate computer, possess excellent communication skills including verbal, creative writing, grammar and spelling. You must understand and successfully execute basic principles for copy writing, lighting, design along with experience with non-liner editing. This can be a high stress environment with deadline pressures. You will be using a company vehicle to travel across our TV Market to perform your work tasks. This position requires safe driving and transport of equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required. A Background and DMV check are required to obtain this position.
• You must be able to stand, bend, squat & sit for long periods of time, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• PT Benefits include: Employee Assistance Program and 401k
• Hours will vary but should be mostly days including Thursday & Friday to average near 20 hours per week.
• NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
• ********* EOE/ MINORITIES/ FEMALES/ VETERANS/ DISABLED *********
• To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Group Career Portal:
Please remember to Attach your Resume with a Link to your Video Work-Demo Reel.
Nexstar Careers - First Time users must create an Account.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site