The News Producer (NE) is responsible for the news content of newscasts and serves as the secondary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms for newscasts.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Contributes to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to develop strong news judgment.
• Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of the listeners needs and expectations.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Flexibility to work any shift with a focus in anchoring overnight newscasts.
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.