New York, NY
CBS News Digital is looking for an ambitious reporter to cover a wide range of important stories. Reporters should be ready to jump on breaking news, but reporters will also be given opportunities to develop areas of expertise on timely subjects.
We value: Aggressive reporting. Sharp writing. High journalistic standards. And an ear for stories that will make news. You'll work with editors to identify important stories. You'll then report them, including calling sources to confirm facts and doing research to provide background and context to tell an effective story for a mass audience.
This is a reporting and writing job, but reporters can - and should - work closely with network correspondents and broadcast producers from CBS News and CBSN, our 24/7 streaming network, to create smart programming on all platforms.
Stories you'll work on fall into two areas:
• 1) Covering breaking news, where your job will be to write quickly and accurately, and to look for ways to distinguish our take from the competition.
• 2) Developing enterprise ideas, with an eye toward making news and having impact.
• The right candidate will want to take ownership of a story from beginning to end, including presentation with compelling visuals.
• Opportunities arise regularly for reporting trips and investigative projects.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 2-plus years working in a digital newsroom as a reporter and writer.
• Strong writing skills.
• Experience producing written news articles for established news organizations.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.