Fox TV Stations
News Producer (NE)
The News Producer (NE) is responsible for the news content of newscasts and serves as the secondary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Aggressively seeks out and presents news stories and other content for all platforms for newscasts.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Contributes to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to develop strong news judgment.
• Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of the listeners needs and expectations.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team t o shape a solution.
• Flexibility to work any shift .
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site