Senior Environment Artist
High Moon Studios
Job Title:VFX Artist (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
VFX Artist – High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile VFX Artist to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Collaborates with the VFX Art Lead and other departments to deliver AAA quality visual effects.
• Utilizes sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders to create a wide variety of real-time special effects.
• Uses traditional visual effects software such as Maya, Max, Photoshop, Houdini, etc. along with proprietary tools to deliver high quality visual effects simulating real world physical elements.
• Placing and sequencing the behavior of effects in game balancing Design and Art requirements.
• Ability to read and write script code to sequence effects.
• Troubleshoots artistic, technical, and performance issues.
• Communicates effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
• Production experience utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations.
• Strong understanding of node based pixel and vertex effect shader development.
• Proficient with Photoshop, Max or Maya.
• Strong artistic ability as well as good technical knowledge.
• Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with team members.
• Awareness of console game budgets and technical constraints.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Continuous learner and ability to adapt to change.
• Passion for video games.
• Programming experience in any language (C#, Python, HLSL).
• Traditional animation background.
• Houdini, or other dynamic and fluid simulation experience.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Bungie's Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site