Knoxville, TN US
An Editor will have consistently demonstrated strong knowledge in all skills related to video editing including a full understanding of HD & UHD workflows, a solid technical base and working knowledge of the 3rd party software commonly in use in edit sessions. Other skill sets crucial to an Editor’s success are excellent client relations, creative collaboration and the ability to remain productive under pressure.
An Editor will have the ability to work with or without supervision. They will run their sessions in an organized and efficient manner, abiding by all standard operating procedures, naming conventions and Discovery’s Global Technical Specifications as set forth by the management team. They will use their excellent communication skills to keep all parties involved in a project well informed of its status.
All Discovery Editors should become familiar and comfortable with the different styles of editing done in the facility. They should actively seek participation in mentorship programs to learn from the seasoned experts in the various disciplines of editing. Discovery encourages and provides continued training, and all Editors are expected to utilize this to improve and expand their skill sets.
An Editor must be able to work any shifts when necessary which may be subject to change.
This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded. Employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
1. Work with clients to edit and reformat original programming for International distribution
2. Complete all edit sessions assigned
3. Responsible for technical quality of all audio and video elements produced in the edit, and assures all projects adhere to Discovery’s Global Deliverables
4. Work in tandem with Senior Editors, Management, Audio and Engineering
5. Devise creative workflows to handle clients’ workloads
6. Must be punctual and reliable, both in attendance and in meeting deadlines
7. Must display strong professional and customer relations skillset daily
8. Perform other Post Production duties as needed and as directed by supervisors
* 5 or more years of editing experience
* Bachelor’s degree in TV/Broadcast, Communications or a related field preferred
* Must be able to work any shift if necessary
* Strong knowledge of the Avid Non-Linear Editing systems and Adobe After Effects
* Professional ability to edit supervised in high pressure situations
* Knowledge and skills with 3rd party software such as Adobe Photoshop, Boris and Sapphire plug-ins
* Abilities in the areas of compositing and color correction
* Ability to demonstrate proficiency with file-based workflows signal and analog/digital audio processes
* Experience in editing promotional material as well long form originals and reversions
* Ability to read, speak and/or understand Spanish or Portuguese a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville