Researcher, Today Digital
New York, NY US
House Beautiful seeks a savvy news editor with a keen understanding of what makes the brand unique: We might cover anything from the latest episode of Christina on the Coast to the newest project from interior designers like Justina Blakeney or Nick Olsen. Are you able to spot the latest Instagram home/decor trend before the rest of your friends? Do you always notice the design angle in TV shows and movies? Can you write and report on all of those things with authority and conversational voice? The ideal candidate can pitch, write, and report on current home and decor news and Google-optimized trends in an authoritative, conversational, and engaging voice, as well as execute larger features pitches from time to time. Must have 3 to 4 years of professional news-writing experience, preferably on a major lifestyle site with home/decor content. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
• Pitching a large number of news stories each morning that can be optimized for both social and search value, as well as for brand integrity
• Pitching larger features weekly
• Writing approved stories in a timely manner
• Producing and potentially starring as talent in an ongoing video series
• 3 to 4 years of professional news-writing experience in a digital newsroom, preferably on a lifestyle site with home/decor content
• Ability to write clearly and concisely: We love proper punctuation, fun turns of phrase, and thoroughly fact-checked copy!
• Experience with Google Analytics/Google Trends to help craft pitches that drive traffic
• Knowledge of SEO and analytics
• Knowledge of the House Beautiful brand and voice