Editor / Producer
Washington, DC US
• Guide the development of original investigative ideas, advising in story research, sourcing and analysis.
• Serve as lead editor on original stories and projects for multiple platforms, often several simultaneously.
• Work with Member Station editors and reporters to identify stories and investigative project opportunities and marshal resources to execute those ideas.
• Build relationships with Member Station news directors to ensure alignment between NPR investigative objectives and local Member Station newsroom needs and demands.
• Edit audio scripts and develop proficiency in producing correspondent pieces
• Produce and publish content on mobile and digital platforms, write headlines and other copy and assist in producing interactive material and multimedia content
• Effectively promote and represent the Station Investigations team at internal meetings and in public forums.
• Promote Investigations Team content on social media
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in journalism
• Experience editing complex, original investigative journalism on multiple platforms.
• Track record of effectively guiding reporters and producers to produce meaningful stories.
• Familiarity with audio storytelling.
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure.
• Ability to handle more than one assignment at a time; ability to prioritize, anticipate and communicate effectively.
• Ability to stay focused and organized while pursuing complex, long-term reporting projects.
• Ability to identify and include key stakeholders on a project, whether within NPR or between NPR and Member stations.
• Ability to travel and work remotely and effectively with limited supervision
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Experience using recording equipment and audio editing software.
• Familiarity with field and studio production.
• Experience with Web or multimedia production
• Experience in public radio.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site