Pipeline TD - Compositing
Sydney, NSW AU
Are you a Comp TD interested in joining some of the best artists and projects in the world at our Sydney studio? Looking for an opportunity to further develop your profile as a Technical Director? If so, then this could be the role for you!
What you'll get to do:
• Compositing pipeline trouble shooting.
• Artist support.
• Tool and pipeline development.
• Working closely with the Compositing and Software Development teams to ensure a standardised approach.
• Take on responsibility, get stuff done, and make our artists happy!
What you bring:
• 3+ years' experience on feature films, TV and/or animated features.
• Proven TD experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films.
• Degree in Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Maths or Physics, or equivalent combination of education & work experience in animation/VFX.
• Thorough understanding of compositing.
• A comprehensive understanding of Nuke nodes and how they are used.
• A comprehensive understanding of the Nuke Python API.
• Familiarity with industry standard libraries and tools such as USD, QT, elastic, rez and git.
• Experience using and troubleshooting in Nuke.
• An ability to work in a challenging environment, possessing good communication skills.
• Willingness to work in a highly dynamic production environment and collaborate with artistic staff.
• An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of both off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools.
• An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines.
You might also have:
• Experience with colour pipelines using ACES/OCIO.
• Experience with other VFX packages a bonus such as Houdini or Maya.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.