Full Time Job
Supervisor Post Production & Graphic
- Full Time
Over 25 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for live sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport to connect fans and thletes around the sports they love.
The new Eurosport tells great sport's stories of human perseverance, achievement and inspiration told by the best experts. Eurosport immerses viewers and feeds their passion with memorable experiences in a bigger, more innovative way.
Delivering quality and live content first, Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms.
It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
The Supervisor Post Production and Graphics is responsible to prepare, configurate, maintain and operate all editing, broadcast server and graphics equipment of the new local Eurosport Germany production facilities in the greater Munich area. The position requires a detailed understanding in configurating and operating editing suites, broadcast servers, graphics workstations and AR/VR systems and some years of experience in the field of (remote and traditional) live production of sports events.
This position is based on a Monday-Sunday working pattern, 40h a week and includes 7 day per week on-call status to respond to broadcast emergencies.
All applications must be submitted with a cover letter.
• Operate the network control system-based preparation and configuration of all editing and graphics equipment in the production facilities (PCRs, Studio-/post-production).
• Liaise closely with Eurosport Germany production, the local resource booking, the local broadcast operations team and the relevant central Eurosport post-production and graphics design departments.
• Work as a live broadcast server operator or non-live program editor in the production control rooms and editing suites.
• Alternatively Work as a live graphics operator in the production control rooms.
• Supervise broadcast server operators, editors and graphics operators.
• BA/BSc degree (Video editing, Graphics Design, Media Technology) or comparable professional qualification paired with working experience in the area broadcast production, operations and play out of live sports events.
• Experience and understanding of cloud broadcasting, remote and traditional production and the associated processes for producing live sports events.
• Profound, creative live highlights and program editing and graphics design skills.
• Up to date knowledge regarding UHD and HD Video-/Audio Broadcast formats and the principles of its transmission and file encoding formats including file transfer mechanisms.
• Demonstrable knowledge of relevant equipment such as: editing suites (Avid incl. Interplay, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere), Protools), broadcast servers (EVS incl. IP director, GV Live touch), graphics systems (VIZrt), AR/VR systems (Mo-sys, Stipe, whitelight etc….).
• Familiar with relevant software such as: Network control systems (ATOS BNCS, scheduling software (XYtech media pulse).
• Used to working under pressure in a fast-paced live TV production environment.
• Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, ability to communicate clearly and to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to meet timelines.
• Excellent English and German communication in spoken and written.
DiscoveryDiscovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site