Vancouver, BC CA
Are you a Senior Character Finalling Artist interested in working with our Vancouver team?! The Senior Character Finalling Artist will implement character shot based clean-up and deformation effects, post Animation.
What you'll get to do:
• Manage shot based deformation enhancements post Animation. This includes:
• Deformation clean-up due to rigs pushed beyond capability
• Adding deformation effects simulating interaction
• Collaborate with adjacent departments on deformation requirements
• Understand the visual requirements for the film and in consultation with your Lead and/or Supervisor, provide input into the procedures and techniques that will enable these to be met
• Adhere to deadlines and anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with Production
• Help provide solutions to creative briefs through existing tools & processes
• Understand department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
• Understand the processes of adjoining departments (Animation, Modelling, Surfacing and Rigging) and communicate with these departments as needed
• Be willing to assist/mentor junior team members with any technical/artistic challenges they may have
What you bring:
• 5+ years' experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Character Finalling or Shot Sculpting
• Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• Knowledge of Character Finalling/Shot Sculpting in Maya
• Knowledge of human/animal anatomy and form
• Strong technical background with an ability to assist in the development of the Character Finalling pipeline and tools
• Solid knowledge of pipeline, process, tools and techniques with an understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
• Proven ability to create and deliver shot based deformation corrections in a timely manner
• Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
• Attention to design and artistic detail
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate the team
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
• Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
The following would be considered a bonus:
• Experience with sculpting package (i.e. Z-brush) helpful but not mandatory
• Knowledge of both mechanical and organic type rigs in a production environment is a bonus
• Software development experience using Python, and relevant application API is a plus
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holidays Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world's leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.