Manager, Game Design
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Bend, OR US
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Technical Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on creating character FX assets, art tools, techniques, and processes for game development.
• Responsible for setting up and implementing cloth, hair and muscle simulations on character, prop and environment assets.
• Tasked with providing technical animation support; which includes running simulations, cleaning up deformations and setting up ''one-off'' rig assets.
• Collaborate with Rigging and Animation teams to create efficient and realistic physically-based simulations for cinematics and gameplay.
• Develop and maintain tools to assist in the creation of character animation and simulation.
• Help to develop, maintain and streamline the Character FX and Animation pipelines.
• Expert understanding of Python.
• Expert understanding of Maya.
• Extensive portfolio with examples of current, hands-on work; including cinematic quality character FX.
• Experience with developing tools, scripts and plug-ins to help streamline character FX workflow.
• Experience in the film and/or game industry doing character FX production ( cloth, hair and/or muscle simulation).
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of Maya API.
• Experience working with Houdini.
• Understanding of C++