The Producer performs newscast producer duties as well as special projects as assigned as it pertains to news content across all media platforms and line produces as needed on live newscast.
WXIN(Fox59)/WTTV(CBS4) in the Indianapolis, Indiana market is looking for a newscast producer with the skills and instinct to craft energetic and dynamic newscasts. The ideal candidate has proven strong performance in breaking news and severe weather situations. He or she will be a solid writer who takes all sound, video, and graphic elements and crafts them into compelling newscasts from start to finish. The candidate will recognize the importance of contributing and incorporating digital content and social media to engage viewers.
Requirements & Skills
• Write solid, active & compelling news copy
• Build strong newscasts using informed news judgment combined with showcasing techniques
• Strategize newscast building based on knowledge of our audience, ratings and history of the area
• Ability to quickly adjust newscasts to accommodate breaking news
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Coordinate with the digital team to contribute content to other platforms
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Flexible to work any shift
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site